Jen Grilled Chicken with Avocado Tzatziki
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons juiced, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 serrano chili seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium cucumber chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, juice of 1 lemon, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill chicken over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining lemon juice, avocados, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, garlic, chili, yogurt, cucumber and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Serve grilled chicken with tzatziki.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Green beans and steamed small new red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek yogurt is gluten free. NUTRITION: 430 Calories; 18g Fat (37.3% calories from fat); 58g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 138mg Cholesterol; 172mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Calories: 300kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 31gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 94mgPotassium: 725mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 350IUVitamin C: 31.4mgCalcium: 50mgIron: 1.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!