First Days' Rice Pudding
Serve up to 5 times daily the first few days after birth. Make fresh daily.
- 16 c water
- 1 c basmati rice
- 1/2 c succanat, rapadura, or dark jaggary
- 2 c ghee
- 2 t ginger powder
- 2/3 t cinnamon powder
- 1/2 t clove powder
- 1/2 t pippali or black pepper
- 2/3 t turmeric
- 1/2 t anise seed or cardamom powder
- 1. Add rice and half of ghee to the water.
- 2. Boil. Then reduce heat and stir occasionally for several hours.
- 3. When almost done, add sugar and spices.
- 4. When gelatinous, serve steaming hot with more ghee.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!