Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 1¼ lbs shrimp raw, peeled & deveined
- ½ cup cooking wine white
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- kosher salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- fettucine, angel hair or preferred pasta cooked
- ¼ cup grated parmesan divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, melt olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter together over medium heat. Add garlic and sautee for 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Add shrimp to the pan in a single layer and cook for 1-2 mins until just starting to turn pink. Flip and add cooking wine and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 mins until wine has reduced by half and shrimp are cooked through.
- Add lemon juice and remaining 2 tbsp butter. Stir until butter is melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Fold in ¼ cup parsley.
- Toss the shrimp and sauce with drained pasta until well coated. Garnish with 1 tbsp chopped parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Serve with large garden salad and garlic toast.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!