Mac and Cheese with Butternut Squash
- 2 2/3 ounces elbow macaroni uncooked
- 1 small butternut squash (abt.1 pound), seeded and cubed (or use frozen)
- 1/8 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- dash ground nutmeg
- 2 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Place squash in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until tender
- Meanwhile, place yogurt, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a blender. Drain squash and transfer to blender, cover and process until pureed. Return mixture to saucepan; heat through. Stir in cheeses until melted.
- Drain pasta; add to squash mixture. Toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
1-1/4 cups; 422 calaroies, 13g fat(7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 12g fiber), 20g protein
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!