Good Potato Soup
- 1 1/2 strips bacon diced
- 3/4 cup peeled, cubed potatoes
- 1/3 small carrot grated
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 3/8 ounces chicken broth
- 3/4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces Velveeta cubed
- 1 green onion thinly sliced (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally; drain drippings. Add vegetables, seasonings and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Mix flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. If desired, serve with green onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!