- 1/4 medium head cauliflower broken into florets
- 1/4 medium carrot shredded
- 1 tablespoon celery chopped
- 3/8 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillion
- 3/4 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 tablespoon all-purpose flower
- seasalt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In a Dutch Oven, combine the 1st 5 ingredients (cauliflower thru bouillion). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender(do not drain).
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese until melted, adding hot pepper suace if desired. Stir into the cauliflower mixture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!