Spicy Ground Pork Stir Fry
A simple one-skillet meal done on your stovetop in less than 30 minutes. Unlike some other stir fry recipes, this one doesn't use rice or noodles (just make sure you use gluten-free soy sauce). Author: Urvashi Pitre Source: Two Sleevers
- 1 lb pork ground
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Seseme oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger Minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic Minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 each green chilies Sliced jalapeños, serrano or birds's eye chilis
- 1/2 cup Green Scallions Chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro Chopped
- 1 Head Butter lettuce
- In a 10-inch pan over medium high heat, add oil. To the hot oil, add minced ginger and garlic and let them sizzle for 2-3 seconds. Add the ground pork. Mix well and brown the meat, breaking up all the clumps. You want some crispy parts, but mainly you want to cook the pork well.
- While the meat cooks, chop up the green onions and cilantro. Mix them in a bowl and set aside.
- After about 8 minutes when the meat is almost done, push the meat to the sides to create a small space in the middle. Add the sliced green and red chilis.
- Pour in soy sauce, sesame oil, the sambal olek if using and stir well.
- Turn off the stove and let the pork rest uncovered for 3-4 minutes to cool a little.
- Stir in the chopped green onions and cilantro. Sprinkle the lemon juice and stir well.
- Separate the butter lettuce leaves and allow your diners to serve themselves some of the spicy pork mixture into each butter lettuce, leaf. Or skip the lettuce and just eat the meat—good either way.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH KETO STIR FRYThere are many creative ways to serve this stir fry.
- You can serve it with lettuce cups as I call for, but you can also top a salad with it.
- Make a fried egg and serve on top of it
- For the non keto members, make sticky rice and serve on that
CAN I FREEZE THIS GROUND PORK RECIPE?Yes you can! It actually does very well the next day as the flavors develop. I suggest you freeze it in one-cup portions so that it defrosts quickly, and you can use as much or as little as needed.
VARIATIONS ON THIS KETO PORK STIR FRY
- Adjust chilis to suit everyone's taste buds
- Add in some chopped bok choy into the pork as it is cooking
- Use shredded napa cabbage and forgo the butter lettuce cups
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!