Baked Italian Sausage
A delicious and quick recipe you will want to keep. Seared sausage smothered in a marinara sauce and topped with melted mozzarella cheese: everyone will love this low carb, flavor-packed meal from Kasey Trenum.
- 10 Links sausage Italian
- 1/2 cup water
- 24 ounces marinara sauce Lo Carb
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese Shredded
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp basil Dried
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Brown Italian sausage links in a skillet set over medium heat on both sides.
- Add ½ cup water and simmer on low with the lid on for 8 min.
- Put sausages in a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Pour 24 oz marinara sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese over top of your sausages.
- Sprinkle seasoning on top of cheeses.
- Bake in a 375°F oven and for 18 minutes, then move to the top rack of the oven for the last 2 minutes. If you like the cheese extra bubbly and browned, you can turn the oven to broil for the last minute but watch closely!
- Allow to slightly cool before serving.
The nutritional information provided for this recipe is based on 5 servings of two sausages each. I used the nutritional information from a 25.5 ounce jar of Lucini Italia Organic Tuscan Marinara Sauce for the calculation. Low Carb Pizza Sauce Options without any added sugar:
- Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce – 4g net carbs per ½ cup
- Rao’s Homemade Tomato Basil Sauce – 3g net carbs per ½ cup
- Lucini Italia Organic Tuscan Marinara Sauce – 3g net carbs per ½ cup
- Lucini Italia Organic Rustic Tomato Basil – 3g net carbs per ½ cup
- Mezzetta Napa Valley Homemade Sauce Marinara – 6g net carbs per ½ cup
- ALDI Simply Selected Premium Marinara - 5g net carbs per ½ cup
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 667mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 266IU | Calcium: 248mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!