Zesty Tomato Sauce Chicken Thighs
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients and stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours until the chicken is very fork tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: One Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: Per Serving : 206 Calories; 5g Fat (24.0% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!