Sweet Mango Pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds lean pork loin, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium green onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork cubes with salt and pepper; sprinkle on cumin. Brown the pork cubes for about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Turn heat down to medium
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté mango and vegetables for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer the vegetables and fruit to the skillet with the pork cubes and stir until well mixed and cook altogether for another 5 to 7 minutes.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed spinach and quinoa (prepare according to package directions) SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed brown rice GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary NUTRITION: Per Serving : 315 Calories; 13g Fat (37.6% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 795mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1⁄2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!