- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (about 3 medium cloves)
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tips, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces criminology mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 onion layers each)
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 large, re-sealable plastic bag
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients (oil through pepper). Place beef cubes and mushrooms in a large, zipper topped plastic bag. Add marinade and seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 5 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread beef onto skewers, alternating with mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer registers 125 - 130°. Transfer skewers to platter and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed potatoes GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Worcestershire sauce is gluten free, and substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos. NUTRITION: Per Serving : 258 Calories; 16g Fat (56.4% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 684mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!