Shrimp with Honeydew Peanut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, unpeeled
- baked corn tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- honeydew melon, cut into balls
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat, pan fry the shrimp in shells, adding salt and pepper, until pink on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the next 4 ingredients (honey through oil). Stir in peanuts.
- Devein and shell shrimp. Return shrimp to pan and add honey mixture. Heat over low heat until sauce is warm.
- Add melon balls and heat until melon is warm, but not mushy.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Sauteed zucchini and yellow squash with steamed asparagus SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary NUTRITION: Per Serving : 698 Calories; 47g Fat (58.2% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 176mg Cholesterol; 263mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!