Rosemary Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed with the side of a knife
- 3 tablespoons red wine (or beef broth)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 large, zipper topped plastic bag
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients (oil through salt).
- Place the flank steaks and rosemary in a large, zipper topped plastic bag and pour the marinade over it making sure the entire steak is covered.
- Seal and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning the bag several times.
- When ready to cook, remove steak from refrigerator and marinade. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the steak and let it cook, undisturbed for 4 minutes. Using tongs, turn the steak and let cook another 4 minutes.
- For medium rare, the meat thermometer should register 135° or be slightly firm to the touch. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices, being sure to cut against the grain.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork) and steamed broccoli. SERVING SUGGESTION: Rice pilaf GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary NUTRITION: Per Serving : 589 Calories; 48g Fat (75.0% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 127mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 7 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!