Peach and Pork Skewers with Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened peaches, thawed
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the pork, onion, pepper and peaches.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (cilantro through garlic) to make your dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the pork and vegetables and cover. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Thread the pork, onion, pepper and peaches alternately onto skewers
- Heat grill to high heat. Place skewers onto the grill and cook each side for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the pork is white in the center. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork) and Shredded Brussels Sprouts.
NUTRITION: Per Serving : 277 Calories; 11g Fat; 26g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 74mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!