Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup minced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices pineapple
- 4 tablespoons prepared barbecue sauce
- 8 large Romaine lettuce leaves
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (turkey through salt and pepper). Form turkey into patties.
- Place turkey burgers onto grill. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, and then place the pineapple slice on top of the burger and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Use lettuce leaves as buns and slather burgers with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce each and serve!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baby Spinach-Beet Salad (Remove stems from baby spinach; roughly slice then place in a large bowl. Slice cooked or raw beets into “matchsticks” and arrange over baby spinach. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar) and steamed Broccoli. NUTRITION: Per Serving : 706 Calories; 17g Fat; 51g Protein; 108g Carbohydrate; 39g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 397mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 8 Vegetable; 4 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!