Chicken Zucchini Scampi with Arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion (white part only)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 14 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into large, thin, bite-size pieces
- 2 large zucchini, julienned or cut into lengthwise thin strips
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 bunch fresh arugula, torn into large pieces
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion (green part only)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, white part of green onion and lemon juice, stirring to combine.
- Add chicken pieces and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until the meat is white and the juice runs clear.
- Meanwhile, stir-fry zucchini in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium high heat until slightly limp and toss with butter.
- Stir the arugula and green onion into the chicken. Toss the chicken mixture with the zucchini noodles, and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot on a large platter.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (in a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad) SERVING SUGGESTION: Linguine noodles instead of zucchini GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary NUTRITION: Per Serving : 386 Calories; 10g Fat (22.1% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 60mg Cholesterol; 71mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!