Chicken and Pork Adobo
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced or chopped
- 2 pounds meat (chicken and pork, cut into 2 inch cubes)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 7 ingredients, stirring to mix well.
- Season meat with salt and pepper and add meat to slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: With a baby spinach salad SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice GLUTEN FREE: Substitute soy sauce for coconut aminos NUTRITION: Per Serving : 479 Calories; 32g Fat (60.0% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 153mg Cholesterol; 1324mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1⁄2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!