Balsamic Oregano Tuna Steaks
- 4 tuna steaks
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- In a small bowl mix the vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, 1 clove minced garlic and salt and pepper.
- Place tuna in a large zipper topped plastic bag, pour sauce over the tuna and seal. Place in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to high heat. Remove tuna from bag and marinade and place tuna on grill. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side until steaks are to desired doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp). NUTRITION: Per Serving : 410 Calories; 23g Fat; 42g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!