Slow Cooker Southern Pinto Beans and Ham Hocks
- 3 cups dry pinto beans sorted and rinsed
- 1 large ham hock or substitute
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 7 cups water
- 3 cups brown rice
- green onions to garnish optional
- 1. After sorting and washing beans, put them in the slow cooker.
- 2. Add in the onions, garlic, and ham hock
- 3. Pour in the water and then sprinkle in the seasoning.
- 4. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours.
- 5. Once beans are done, serve over rice.
- 6. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!