Peach Pecan Chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 cup chopped frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 9-x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine 1/2 teaspoon of allspice, the salt and the black pepper; sprinkle mixture evenly over chicken. Place chicken in prepared baking dish and cover with foil; bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine garlic, peaches, vinegar, grape juice, chicken broth and remaining allspice; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by about half.
- To serve, top each chicken breast half with a few tablespoons of peach compote then garnish with chopped pecans.
SERVING SUGGESTION:Steamed new potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetable broth and non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time as needed. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure juice, broth and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION:Per serving: 228 Calories; 4g Fat; 40g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 447mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!