Very Kale Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons minced oregano
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth (or use bone broth)
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 large sweet potatoes mashed
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the first 6 ingredients (beef through salt and pepper). Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until beef is brown. To the skillet, add the next 5 ingredients (beef broth through cauliflower) and cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Into a large baking dish, pour the beef and vegetable mixture. Top with mashed sweet potatoes, and then drizzle over the melted ghee. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 15 minutes until potatoes are brown on the edges and the inside is bubbling.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sauteed Brussels sprouts with bacon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!