Spanish Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 quarts low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 2 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast halves cooked and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 medium avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic and jalapeno and cook for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Stir in the next 5 ingredients (broth through salt and pepper). Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (lime juice through avocados) cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until the soup is heated through and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!