Pork and Beef Meatloaf with Honey Tomato Glaze
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients (beef through thyme).
- Oil a loaf pan with coconut oil. Empty the contents of the bowl into the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ingredients with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour tomato sauce over meatloaf and cover. Place loaf pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover pan and cook for 15 minutes, until top is brown and the center is cooked through.
- Slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tatoes and sauteed green beans.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!