Pistachio Citrus Salmon with Brussels Sprouts
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large orange juiced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 medium sockeye salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts halved
- In a shallow bowl, add coconut milk. In a separate bowl, add the next 7 ingredients (almond meal through onion powder) and stir to combine.
- Coat each fillet with coconut milk, then dredge in the pistachio mixture covering each fillet well. Set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat skillet to medium-high heat. Add the coconut oil to the skillet. In a medium bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, sea salt, pepper and olive oil, coating well. Toss into the skillet and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the same skillet with the Brussels cook the salmon on each side for at least 3 minutes, until a nice crust forms.
- Remove from the skillet and serve with the Brussels sprouts.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!