Orange Asian Beef Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large green bell pepper seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Add next 4 ingredients (chili powder through beef broth) then reduce skillet heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat, bring to room temperature then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add lettuce, bell pepper and fennel; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (orange juice through sesame seeds). Pour mixture over salad. Toss well and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!