Italian Sausage and Kale Skillet
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 Italian sausage links sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the kale and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until tender. Stir in next 4 ingredients (red pepper flakes through oregano).
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until the mixture starts to bubble and thicken. Add the sausage, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!