Ground Chicken and Sweet Potato Breakfast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large shallot chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cubed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. To the skillet, add the chicken and shallot. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- To a large baking dish, pour the chicken mixture. To the baking dish, add the remaining ingredients (sea salt to chicken broth) and stir. Place dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!