Garlicky Beef Cabbage Wraps
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound sliced skirt steak (or use flank steak)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 to 8 large green cabbage leaves
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the steak.
- To the skillet, add the steak. Cook for 5 minutes, until steak is brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk the next 6 ingredients (salt and pepper through lime juice) until smooth.
- Pour sauce over steak and cook for 5 minutes, until steak is cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon steak into cabbage leaves. Top steak with onion, cilantro and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice and sauteed spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!