Garlic Citrus Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 clove smallgarlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 large Romaine lettuce leaves halved crosswise
- 1 large ripe avocado pitted, peeled and mashed
- In a large bowl, place first 7 ingredients (ground turkey through green onions). Using your hands, blend thoroughly then form mixture into 4 to 6 round patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the coconut oil. Once oil is melted, add the turkey burgers and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until the center of the burger is no longer pink.
- To serve, layer a turkey burger and a portion of mashed avocado in each lettuce leaf.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!