Fried Zucchini Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 medium zucchini thickly sliced
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form meat into patties.
- Place patties on grill or on the stovetop in a skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until meat reaches desired level of doneness.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour with salt and pepper to taste. In a small bowl add the egg and salt and pepper to taste. Coat zucchini slices in the egg mixture, then dredge in the almond mixture and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Layer fried zucchini, burger and avocado and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries and leafy green salad with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!