Curry Steak and Honey Basil Apples
- 1 Large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped beef steak of choice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth (or use bone broth)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground lime zest
- 1 small apple diced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- In a food processor, blend cauliflower until it reaches a rice-like consistency.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. To the oil, add the steak, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, until steak is brown. To the skillet, add the cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the next 6 ingredients (coconut milk through lime zest) and pour over the steak mixture. Stir and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until steak reaches desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender. To the mix, add the remaining ingredients, stir and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky sauteed spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!