Creamy Coconut Seafood Chowder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 4 cups full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 pound firm fleshed white fish cubed
- 1/2 pound raw clams
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil. To the oil, add the shallots, onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, until the veggies start to soften.
- To the veggie mixture, add the remaining ingredients and stir. Cover pot and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 35 minutes, until the seafood is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed leafy green salad with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!