Chimichurri Pork Burgers
- 1 pound ground pork (or use ground turkey or chicken)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 4 large red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (pork through scallion).
- Form mixture into patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. To the skillet, add the oil. To the oil, add the burgers and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until pork is cooked through.
- In a blender, blend the next 4 ingredients (cilantro through vinegar) until smooth, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place burgers on lettuce leaves and top with onion. Drizzle chimichurri over burgers and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Guacamole (avocado, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, onion, sea salt, lime juice) and parsnip fries.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!