Chicken Lime Soup
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes un-drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chili peppers or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast meat
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup lime juice Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large saucepan, combine first 6 ingredients (tomatoes through bay leaf) over medium-high heat; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, broth and lime juice. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Season soup with salt and pepper and top each serving with chopped cilantro.
NUTRITION: per serving: 183 Calories; 4g Fat; 27g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 40mg Cholesterol; 1025mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomatoes and broth are gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!