Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Butternut Cream Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1 pound skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cubed and cooked butternut squash
- 1/4 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- To a large bowl, add first 6 ingredients (broth through garlic) and mix well. Add chicken and coat with the marinade. Cover bowl and marinate overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Grill the marinated chicken for 10 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from grill; chop and set aside.
- Layer chicken and carrot on wraps or lettuce leaves.
- In a blender, blend the remaining ingredients with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper until smooth. Drizzle sauce over the wrap filling, fold wraps and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed parsnips and sauteed spinach.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!