Beefy Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 in medium sweet potatoes cleaned and cuthalf lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small sweet onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, place the potatoes cut side down. Bake for 30 minutes, until fork-tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil, onions, garlic, and bell peppers. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until soft. Add tomato paste, red pepper flakes, and Dijon mustard, stirring well. Add ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up with a spatula. Once cooked through, add honey, apple cider vinegar, and water.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 10 minutes, until liquid has evaporated. Once potatoes have cooled, scoop out potato flesh into a large bowl, and combine with hot meat mixture, stirring well to combine. Refill each potato skin with a portion of this mixture, and return to the oven to finish baking 10 to 15 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!