Apple Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced green apple
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients (chicken through
- apples). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the meatballs. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and cooked through.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tatoes and sauteed collard greens.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!