- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe)
- Prepare marinade: Place the first 7 ingredients in a food processor or blender (garlic through thyme); process until smooth.
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade on top.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally. At the time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discarding marinade and bag) and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Spaghetti Squash “Noodles” on the side (cut the squash in half lengthwise and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Scoop out seeds then, using a fork, scrape the squash out of its shell in long, thin [spaghetti-like] strands). Add a salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado, and tomato, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION per serving: 234 Calories; 6g Fat; 40g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 676mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!