Hearty Baked Sausage
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5-oz.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 small red onion roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large sweet sausages or use mild sausages (NOT breakfast sausage)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except sausages; process until smooth. Place sausages in a baking dish and pour red wine mixture on top; bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Bake some butternut squash in the oven, beside the sausages. Add braised kale on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 600 Calories; 51g Fat; 16g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 86mg Cholesterol; 1359mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 9 Fat. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!