Coconut Bacon Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast meat cubed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies 14.5-oz.
- 8 slices peppered bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk 14-oz.
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients; stir thoroughly. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado and halved cherry tomatoes, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. Add a bowl of raw baby carrots on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 583 Calories; 32g Fat; 58g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 110mg Cholesterol; 1730mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!