Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce optional
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook just until halfway done. Reduce skillet heat to medium and stir in oregano, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery; cook until ground beef is done and veggies are tender-crisp (5 to 7 minutes).
- Stir in hot sauce, if desired; fill lettuce leaves with the mixture then wrap and enjoy!
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumber spears and
- whole black olives.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure hot sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 303 Calories; 3g Fat; 12g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 515mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 2
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!