Slow Cooker Shanghai Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until chicken breast halves are cooked through and can be easily shredded.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice; add stir-fried mushrooms and snow peas on the side. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with sliced zucchini and additional red bell pepper then stir in some chopped baby bok choy and cook until wilted. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure soy sauce, chicken broth and hoisin sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 301 Calories; 3g Fat; 44g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 1726mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrate. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!