Slow Cooker Beef and Mushroom Stew
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound beef flank steak trimmed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper; add steak and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add steak and brown on both sides.
- Place in slow cooker and top with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, or until steak easily pulls apart with a fork.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts tossed with a little butter and a dash of ground nutmeg. Add Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 3 directions). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure beef broth and Worcestershire sauce are gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour. NUTRITION: per serving: 254 Calories; 10g Fat; 28g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 404mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!