Sage Ghee Chicken
- 1/4 cup ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 3 tablespoons of the ghee (or coconut oil) with the next 5 ingredients (sage through onion powder); blend until smooth.
- Coat a roasting pan with remaining 1 tablespoon of ghee or coconut oil and sprinkle with the lemon juice (to maintain moisture); place chicken in a prepared roasting pan (breast side up) and rub ghee/sage mixture over the entire surface.
- Roast chicken for 30 to 40 minutes then remove it from the oven and cover it loosely with foil; roast for another 30 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in a leg (don’t let it hit the bone!) registers 165 degrees.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Bake some sweet potatoes on the oven rack, on either side of the roasting chicken; add steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: per serving: 847 Calories; 67g Fat; 58g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 279mg Cholesterol; 702mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 8 1/2 Fat. Points: 23
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!