Roasted Veggie Fajitas
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 6 large portabella mushroom caps gills removed and sliced
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cans artichoke hearts drained, rinsed, 14-oz.
- and quartered
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese optional
- 12 whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- 1 cup diced avocado optional
- 2 tablespoons low fat sour cream optional
- Salsa for optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all vegetables in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl or cup, combine oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; blend well then pour mixture over vegetables; toss to evenly coat then place in a shallow pan and roast until tender-crisp and slightly charred.
- Return roasted veggies to the large bowl and allow them to slightly cool; add chopped cilantro and Mozzarella (if desired); toss well.
- Serve veggie mixture in warmed in tortillas with desired toppings; wrap and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a big salad. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure canned artichoke hearts and salsa (if using) are gluten-free. Use gluten-free tortillas. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 406 Calories; 8g Fat; 15g Protein; 76g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1061mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 4 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!