Ragin' Cajun Pork Tenderloin Cutlets
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 1/2-inch cutlets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge cutlets in flour mixture, shaking off excess, then carefully place in skillet and brown on both sides; transfer to an ungreased baking pan.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion, celery, and garlic until tender. Add remaining ingredients then bring mixture to a boil and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan; pour over the pork.
- Cover baking pan with foil and bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Bake sweet potatoes while the oven’s on anyway and add braised kale on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu and adjust cooking time as needed. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork. GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free flour and make sure broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 261 Calories; 8g Fat; 34g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 295mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!