Italian Chicken Strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken; season with garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Stir-fry until chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add onion and sauté until chicken is cooked through; stir in balsamic vinegar for a bit of tanginess, if desired.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed broccoli spears. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free if using. NUTRITION: per serving: 238 Calories; 6g Fat; 40g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 583mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!