Italian Braised Salmon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes Roma
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets 6-oz.
- Aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and zucchini; sauté until softened. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, basil, thyme, broth, salt, and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place salmon in a lightly oiled baking dish and pour veggies over the top. Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed new potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 230 Calories; 7g Fat; 37g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 684mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!