Fire Roasted Green Chili Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cans fire-roasted green chilies 4-oz.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except coconut oil; blend well
- then transfer mixture to a large zipper-topped plastic bag. Seal bag, turn to coat and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At the time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add contents of bag and cook shrimp for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until pink and opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with ground cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and chopped cilantro. Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 265 Calories; 10g Fat; 36g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 259mg Cholesterol; 726mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!