Creamy Basil Turkey Tenders
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast
- meat sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth and cornstarch; add salt, pepper, garlic, basil, and yogurt; set aside, leaving the whisk in the bowl.
- On a plate, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. In a shallow dish or bowl, beat the eggs. Dip turkey tenders in egg, shaking off excess, then dredge in bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add turkey tenders and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Whisk yogurt mixture well once more then pour slowly into skillet. Stir in sliced onion and bring to just before boiling point; reduce heat and simmer until onions are tender and sauce reaches desired consistency.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve turkey tenders over lightly buttered Angel Hair pasta; add steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Use Parmesan-flavored rice sprinkles and soy yogurt instead of regular yogurt. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure broth is gluten-free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. Use gluten-free bread crumbs OR make your own from gluten-free bread. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 411 Calories; 9g Fat; 52g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 182mg Cholesterol; 1194mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!